Friday, November 17, 2006

44/365

I want to dwell in the courts of the Lord forever. To be Holy because He is Holy. To find my rest in Him alone. Such beauty, such love displayed upon the cross for the Glory of God. The condition of a mans heart must dispair God greatly, esp my own heart. How wonderful is Grace that God looks at Christ and not my heart, for I fall short of the Glory of God.

Thursday was an interesting day - I deleted my account on a forum because how it was controlling me. How I let it control me. It would rise up anger and a judging heart and although in some sense it was fair to be passionatly angry for the Glory of God. It is not good when no love was displayed from my heart and that Christ was no longer center but my pride and wisdom was. So I was reminded by what Jesus said:
" And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell." (Mt 5:30).

So I cut it out. And found peace in the Lord. YES!

Finally I focused on God in the sung worship. It was good not to be distracted.

Chatting to people in Roots afterwards. I love my Christians brothers and sisters. I love the fact that I will be spending eternity with these guys.

"Many saints in dying have looked up from amidst the stormy waters, and have seen Jesus walking on the waves of the sea, and heard him say, "It is I, be not afraid." Ah, yes! when the tenement begins to shake, and the clay falls away, we see Christ through the rifts, and between the rafters the sunlight of heaven comes streaming in. But if we want to see face to face the "King in his beauty" we must go to heaven for the sight, or the King must come here in person. O that he would come on the wings of the wind! He is our Husband, and we are widowed by his absence; he is our Brother dear and fair, and we are lonely without him. Thick veils and clouds hang between our souls and their true life: when shall the day break and the shadows flee away? Oh, long-expected day, begin!" (Daily Dose of Spurgeon)

No comments: