Monday, November 20, 2006

46/365

My weekend was interesting. Challenging.

Met up with Becca to do a bible study on 1Cor1:1-9... was great to teach it, to learn from it and be challenged by it. I am reminded that God doesnt hold anything back from me, I just have to have faith to step out and embrace what God gives me and be aware that it is from God...not from me. I cannot boast in myself. I shall only boast in the cross!!!

Sunday at church was about mission. We had a talk about mission and how we build people up and send them out - not just to other countries, but in England to. It was relevant! In the evening we heard from a missionar and from a pastor in Colombia - it was moving, they are under alot of persicution. They asked us not for money, but to stand with them through this, with prayer and faith.

This scared me alot about mission and my heart sank and I just said. I can't do it, I can't live without my worldly comforts, I am too weak. Then I heard God cry out, "You can't do anything in your own strength". This needs more prayer...

Micah 6:8. He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God

"When we preach Christ crucified, we have no reason to stammer, or stutter, or hesitate, or apologize; there is nothing in the gospel of which we have any cause to be ashamed." (Daily dose of Spurgeon)

No comments: